Renaissance Ring Trail by mountain bike
- Places; Countryside; Hot Spring/Spa; Bicycle Touring; Mugello and Val di Sieve; Tours in Tuscany
The Renaissance Ring Is a hiking trail that follows the ridge of the scenic hills surrounding Florence.
It stretches for almost 200 km. mostly unpaved, through woodland, olive groves and vineyards, passing evocative monasteries and sanctuaries, with stunning views over Florence and its hills.
This 4-day mountain bike stage tour follows the whole route with specific detours studied for the cyclists.
During the first part of the tour we'll be riding across Monte Morello (the florentine mountain bikers paradise) entering the Southernmost part of Mugello region. From there we'll ride across the val di Sieve to the Florentine Chianti, eventually reaching Florence to complete the loop.
An English speaking certified biking guide will lead you along this scenic and full-of-history itinerary, while a support vehicle (equipped with bicycle racks) will follow the whole party providing assistance and luggage transfer service from hotel to hotel.
- Day 1 : Florence to Bivigliano - 45 km. (14 offroad) - total vertical 1100 m.
Highlights of the day : Florence city park Le Cascine, the scenic Monte Morello, the highest of the hills surrounding Florence), the Medieval parish church of Pescina, the romanesque parish church of San Romolo in Bivigliano
- Day 2 : Bivigliano to Pontassieve - 35 km (4 offroad) - total vertical 400 m.
Highlights of the day : The monastery of Monte Senario, the Sanctuary of Madonna del Sasso, the Mill of Monterifrassine.
- Day 3 : Pontassieve to Impruneta - 35 km (16 offroad) - total vertical 1050 m.
Highlights of the day : the monastery of Rosano, the convent of L’Incontro, the romanesque church of Santa Maria in Impruneta
- Day 4 : Impruneta to Florence - 45 km. (22 offroad) - total vertical 400 m.
Highlights of the day : the stunning hills of Chianti Fiorentino
The holiday package includes :
- English speaking certified mountain bike guide
- Luggage transfer service from hotel to hotel
- Support vehicle (equipped with bicycle racks) following the group during the ride and providing possible assistance to the cyclists
Hotel overnights as follows :
- Two overnights in double room with breakfast in a 3* hotel in Florence;
- One overnight in double room in half board accomodation in Bivigliano
- One overnight in double room half board in 3* hotel in Pontassieve
- One overnight in double room with breakfast in 3* hotel in Impruneta
Price : 2000 euros per person (minimum 2 people)
Not included in price:
- lunch, drinks at dinner and everything not mentioned in the paragraph above.
- Possible mountain bike rent service : 80 euros per person
TOUR DATES :
Next to the scheduled departure dates where you can sign up individually, we can also set up custom departure dates, according to your preferences.
SCHEDULED DEPARTURE DATES 2015 :
Friday, August 7
Tuesday September 1
Saturday, September 12
Thursday, October 29