Apartments in farm with animals, flavors bio
- Countryside; Weddings & Events; Local Products; Hot Spring/Spa; Family Holiday; Bed and Breakfast; Farmhouse; Apartment; Volterra and Valdicecina
In this organic farm located 6 km from the historic center of Volterra, you can enjoy the spectacular views of the Balze (cliffs) and the Badlands, the unique phenomena of natural cliff erosion.
It covers 200 acres of land used to grow cereals and for grazing about 800 sheeps. The farm produces excellent pecorino cheese, extra-virgin olive oil, honey and fresh pasta. All products are certified organic.
You can enjoy watching the animals grazing and make friends with Horace, our very nice ass of a rare protected kind "Amiatino".
Available 5 independent bedrooms and 14 apartments of various types to meet the diverse requirements. The rooms have been restored preserving the rural style of the original farmhouses, without giving up the comfort and essential services.
Studios (2 persons)
One-bedroom apartments (3-4 people)
Bedroom apartments (5-6 people)
All rooms and apartments have at least one bathroom, central heating and are equipped with bed linen and towels. All have an equipped kitchen (cutlery and crockery), some have a separate entrance and / or outdoor space to freely use or access to a roof terrace.
Wherever possible, we have created solutions to meet the needs of guests with disabilities.
- Stay of your pets possible
- Pool (6 x 12 m.) With large equipped outdoor area and magnificent views of the hills
- Restaurant which serves organic food typical of the region, including vegetarian meals and gluten-free and taking into consideration food allergies.
The restaurant is located on the ground floor of an old farmhouse completely renovated in the late nineteenth century. It has two rooms and offers room for a hundred people. It has a warm, rustic and friendly atmosphere and is furnished with large tables for communal eating, making it ideal for groups of friends and to meet new people. Dinner includes a range of appetizers, the cheese fondue, carpaccio of seasonal vegetables, cold cuts, first course, main course, dessert and coffee.
- Breakfast in the farm : a hearty breakfast buffet is always included in the price. Many of the foods, both sweet and savory, are homemade as homemade cakes, jams, yogurt, cottage cheese and cheese. The bread and cold cuts are made locally.
- Cooking classes
- Wine tasting of our cheeses, olive oil and pasta accompanied by local wines. The tasting 'including a visit to the company and to the dairy where we will explain the various production techniques, their differences, combinations and how to recognize a good cheese.
- Catering: We offer customized solutions.
- Receptions, ceremonies, weddings and parties: here you can celebrate any kind of reception, weddings, birthday parties, graduation and anniversaries.
- Sale of products: you can buy its products: cheese, olive oil, honey and fresh pasta. We also have excellent products from neighboring farms as locally produced wine, flour, pasta, meats, etc. Get to Know Us
- Wellness and fitness: Whirlpool, Special treatments (wine, hay, oil ...)
- On request and only in the suites, the company offers a warm bath in whey or water taken from the sulfur source in Montecatini Val di Cecina
The territory of Volterra, Alta Val di Cecina and Alta Val d'Era are interesting from the point of view of historical and culturally and naturally. With its extensive network of hiking trails, the area offers the opportunity to go hiking along routes of different lengths and difficulty.
There are important protected areas such as the Natural Reserve of Berignone, wildlife Monterufoli-Caselli and the Natural Reserve of Montenero, spread over a total area of 7100 hectares.
They can be reached medieval cities and ancient towns, such as San Gimignano, Siena, Montepulciano, Montalcino and Florence. For those wishing to spend an afternoon on the beach in approx 40 km there are seaside towns like Castiglioncello, St. Vincent, Cecina.
- Horse riding:
beautiful and unforgettable horse riding in the countryside of Volterra with handling area52park of Volterra. The riding is about 10 km.
- Wine tasting: in selected companies in our area
- Tours in natural parks
- Visit the museums and galleries
- Tour Vespa from Volterra and San Gimignano on the Etruscan Coast
- Cycling drive
- Casciana: spa and wellness reduction on the entrance fee.